The #medicalmonday hash is used to give props to healthcare workers tweeting useful information. Hash #MedicalMonday for doctors, physicians assistants, naturopaths, allied health professionals, clinics and hospitals and they might be selected as a nominee for or healthcare Twitizen of the week, giving them props for their contribution to the online conversation on health care helping to draw thousands of eyes to their online efforts. Each month we will choose a #MedicalMonday Healthcare Twitizen of the month – the winner will receive a gift; August’s winner will receive a free pair of Maui Jim Sunglasses! No Joke!
Nominees must have contributed to the healthcare conversation on Twitter for at least 1 year. Their tweet log should show retweets and engagement with other twitterers, not just posts or links. To compete, nominees should Tweet about their nomination to their followers, asking them to Tweet or RT the award or comment on the EyeInfo blog. Winners selected based on quantity of Tweets or Retweets mentioning @EyeInfo and/or #MedicalMonday or by posting comments on the EyeInfo blog. The winner will be chosen on the Thursday following the nominations. From the months worth of weekly winners, a Healthcare Twitizen of the Month will be chosen and awarded a prize. The prize for August is a free pair of Maui Jim Sunglasses! Congratulations to July’s winner of the Maui Jim Eyewear @drayala
- Healthcare Communications and Social Media (#hcsm). we chat Sundays at 8pm Central. Moderated by @danamlewis. Started Jan 2009. @HealthSocMed for a follow back.
- Westby Fisher, MD
- Evanston, IL
- Director, Cardiac Electrophysiology, NorthShore University HealthSystem
- H. Jack West, MD
- Seattle, WA, USA
- Medical Oncologist, GRACE Founder & President
- Boston, MA
- The Pulse of Health Care on the Social Web
- Dr. Michael Zelman
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Clinical Psychologist & Director for the 2nd largest Mental Health provider in LA, I oversee 3 clinics & oversee staff/contracts/budgets.
- Joey Pasion
- New York
- I’m never afraid to try. Anything’s possible. Collect experiences. My Passions: Medicine, globetrotting, fitness, & being social. Co-founder 140Sweets Charity
- Melissa Travis
- Atlanta, GA/Columbus, OH
- auto-immune illness wrangler, writer, improvisor, stand up comedian, over educated, under employed, mediocre knitter of high quality yarn
- Washington, DC
- Accelerating patient and physician-centric health reform and healthcare, interest in fertility, transplantation, GI, nutrition, wellness
- Victor Montori, MD
- ÜT: 44.001186,-92.478826
- Mayo Clinic diabetes clinician + researcher focused on creating a patient revolution vs. healthcare corruption, and working for treatments that fit patients.
Courtesy of the Doctors at Shady Grove Eye and Vision Care; Optometrists, Ophthalmologists and Opticians serving the Rockville, Potomac and Gaithersburg Maryland suburbs of Washington DC for over 46 years. Convenient evening and weekend appointments available by calling (301) 670-1212 – find an appointment online, fill out new patient information or order contact lenses by visitingyoureyesite.com
Follow us on Twitter @EyeInfo
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tagged: #medicalmonday, care, clinic, dc, dcpatient, doctor, doctorwes, drsnit, drwestgrace, drz, eye, eyeinfo, gaithersburg, grove, health, healthcare, healthcare3dotcom, healthsocmed, maryland, mayo, mdpathways, media, medical, monday, ophthalmologist, optician, optometrist, passionmd, potomac, rockville, shady, social, vision, vmontori, Washington, youreyesite |